NDA Eligibility Criteria: The candidates who aspire to join National Defence Academy need to meet some qualification standards. It includes certain Physical and psychological standards and a specific age limit.
राष्ट्रीय रक्षा अकादमी में शामिल होने के इच्छुक उम्मीदवारों को कुछ योग्यता मानकों को पूरा करने की आवश्यकता है। इसमें कुछ शारीरिक और मनोवैज्ञानिक मानकों और एक विशिष्ट आयु सीमा शामिल है।
Here we will discuss all the parameters of Eligibility Criteria for entering National Defence Academy.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2017
NDA exam is taken twice a year in the month of April and September. NDA trained people are deployed in Indian Navy, Armed Forces and Indian Army. To qualify for National Defence Academy, the aspirants have to follow the below specified standards.
- The candidate must have passed 12th standard in (10+2) pattern or from any recognized board in India.
- There is no specific percentage of marks for filling up form of NDA.
- Candidates who aspire to go in Air Force and Indian Navy should have Physics and Maths as main subject.
|AFCAT eligibility criteria||Indian Army eligibility criteria|
- To apply for NDA, the candidate should fall in a range of 16.5-19 years.
- NDA does not entertain any age relaxation in any form.
- The Date of Birth written on the Matriculation/10th pass certificate is only considered as the actual date of birth(DOB)
- For people, applying for NDA in the year 2017, the DOB should not be less than 2nd January,1998 and not more than 1st January,2001.
- NDA accepts only unmarried male candidate applications. Female candidates are not allowed.
|AMCAT eligibility citeria||ssc cgl eligibility criteria|
Physical fitness standards
For passing this test, the candidate should satisfy all the physical standards. These qualities are inherited from the parental generation. But a physically fit body can be achieved by a regular work on it like running, push-ups, sit-ups etc.
Here we will discuss the physical standards prescribed by National Defence Academy.
The height of the candidate should be at least 157 cms(5.15 ft ). For Air Force, the minimum height needs to be 162.5 cms (5.33 ft).
Note: A 5cm relaxation is given for Gorkhas in North East, Garhwal and Kumaon. For Lakshadweep candidates relaxation is 2cm.
Weight should be according to the height according to the Body Mass Index.
Below table shows the ratio of height to weight according to age.
|Height in cms||Weight(16-17 yrs)||Weight(17-18 yrs)||Weight(18-19 yrs)|
Height and weight ratio for Indian Navy
|Height in cms||Weight(16 yrs)||Weight(18 yrs)||Weight(20 yrs)|
The chest measurement should be a minimum of 81 cm. A 5 cm expansion is required after full inspiration (breathing inside).
- A proper visibility of 6/6 is required for admission of NDA
- For Indian Navy, myopia limitations is -0.75 and hypermetropia limitations is +1.5.
- For Air Force, myopia limitations is -0.5 and hypermetropia limitations is +2.0.
- Red and Green color visibility should be clear for the candidate.
- No eye defect is acceptable.
Hope this article helps you to understand in detail NDA Eligibility Criteria and the educational and physical standards for cracking NDA exam.
Comment below for any further queries.