AFCAT selection process 2023 for flying branch, technical branch and ground duty branch
AFCAT selection process 2023: AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test is a written exam conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year to induct officers in the IAF. AFCAT is a common entrance exam for various post in IAF.
Image Courtesy – google images
In this article we will discuss the AFCAT selection process thoroughly from the Medical/ Physical Standards to the SSB (Services Selection Board) all phases.
So lets understand the AFCAT selection process.
AFCAT 2023 selection Process
Below is the AFCAT 1 selection process 2023 step wise. We have divided the entirely selection process of AFCAT in different steps (Total 4 steps).
STEP 1- AFCAT 2: Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP 1
- All the candidates who are eligible for AFCAT exam and submitted the application form successfully will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) which is being conducted twice in a year.
- Candidates who clear the written exams (AFCAT and EKT) successfully and get short listed for next round (SSB) will be called at Air Force Selection Boards (AFSCs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi for further testing.
- All the shortlisted candidates will receive call later to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, Mysore and Kancharapara.
STEP 2-SSB: Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP 2
SSB interview selection process at AFSC is basically being conducted in two stages, Stage 1 and stage 2:
- Stage 1: Day 1
- Stage 1 is generally called screening test.
- Stage 1 comprises of Officer Intelligence rating Test, Picture perception and Discussion Test.
- Once you cleared the Stage 1, You will go through the documents check to ascertain the eligibility for the branch, you applied for.
- Only the qualified candidates from stage 1 will go to the stage 2.
- And those who unfortunate to qualify the stage 1 needs to return home on the same day after the announcement of results.
|Also read on AFCAT exam|
|AFCAT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||
AFCAT SYLLABUS AND EXAM PATTERN
- Stage 2: Day 2 to Day 6
- All the stage 1 qualified candidates will undergo stage 2 testing for the next three to four days.
- Day2 : CPSS / PABT * (for Flying Branch) followed by Psychological test will be conducted.
- Psychological Tests is a written test which is being conducted by a Psychologist.
- PABT-Pilot Aptitude Battery Test is a unique test which is being conducted for Flying Branch Only.
- Day 3, Day 4 and Day 5 will be packed with group test and interviews.
- Accroding to Indian Air Force official website, Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities which are a combination of mental and physical work.
- whereas Interview involves a personal conversation with an Interviewing Officer.
- All the test which is being conducted will be explained to you in detail before they are conducted at the Selection Board.
- Day 6: sixth day will include Group tests / Interview / Conference.
- At the Conference held on the last day, all the Assessors i.e. the Psychologist, Ground Testing Officer and the Interviewing Officer, discuss your personality and decide on whether to recommend you or not.
- Those recommended by the AFSBs will be required to fill up certain documents at the Boards and subsequently move to the next step.
STEP 3-MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS: Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP 3
- All those who have sailed through step 2 and get a recommendation by SSB will be kept for medical examination
- Medical Examination will be either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
STEP 4-ALL INDIA MERIT LIST: Final Selection process of AFCAT STEP 4
If you have made through all the early steps, We would say you are a genius and true hero no matter you make it finally or not.
- At final step An All India Merit List will be declared.
- This list is compiled on the basis of your performance in the written test and AFSB interview, subject to being medically fit.
- Also the merit list depends on the vacancies available in various branches / sub branches, joining instructions are issued to join one of the Training establishments.
That’s all folks, we have covered the AFCAT selection process.
AFCAT 1 Notification and Exam Date 2023
|AFCAT Events||AFCAT 1 2023||AFCAT 2 2023|
|AFCAT Notification Date||December 2022||June 2023|
|AFCAT Online Application Date||December 2022||June 2023|
|AFCAT Application Last date||December 2022||July 2023|
|AFCAT Admit Card date||January 2023||August 2023|
|AFCAT Exam date||February 2023||September 2023|
|AFCAT Result date declaration||March 2023||October 2023|
Still if you have something to ask regarding afcat selection process and other thing, please hit your comment in below box, we will respond as soon as possible with appropriate answer.a
20 thoughts on “AFCAT Selection Process 2023 | Indian Air Force Procedure in detail”
In the selection process GD will conduct or not?
Dear Manish, Yes after the Written Test Board Will Conduct SSB which will include GD also.
In AFCAT all India merit list; weightage of NCC -A grade certificate will be given or not.
If yes then how much numbers are given as weightage in list.
do they conduct afcat and ekt in one day or two days?
AFCAT and EKT is conducted on Same day
what is height and weight criteriya
Hi arun Height and Weight criteria for AFCAT is , Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight.
Leg Length :
Min – 99 cms
Max – 120 cms.
Thigh Length :
Max – 64 cms.
Sitting Height :
Min – 81.5 cms.
Max – 96 cms.
Vision: Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other
more detail read here https://alpingi.com/afcat-eligibility-criteria-careerairforce-nic-in/
for technical branch do we have to give EKT after AFCAT
Yes, For technical branch you need to appear for AFCAT EKT exam
Please note that AFCAT and EKT is conducted on Same day
i got 152 in afcat exam and the cut off was 150 .now i am going to SSB so is there any problematic situation for me due to my low scorce
Not at all, You need to clear the cut off marks irrespective of how much you score.
This is praveen.
I have persued my MBA in finance, now I am planning to go for afcat 2 what all the things I need to do now, can please suggest me.
This is praveen.
I have persued my MBA in finance, coming under this year passed out batch. Now I am planning for afcat 2 2017. Can you please guide me how to possess/proceed.
Hi. I’m gayathiri.Is IAF selection process is tough?.Please guide me.And Can last year MSC student apply AFCAT exam?.
Sir, I have completed my graduation, but I had atkt in my exams but cleared them already. Plz tell me, am I eligible for the afcat exam.
Is selection procedure different for technical and non technical?
Sir tell about how much month takes in these whole steps and when training will started
Ssb phase to non technical branch is compulsory
What will be selection process for non technical branch