Afcat selection process, AFCAT 02/2018 selection process, AFCAT 02/2018 selection process Flying branch selection process, technical branch, AFCAT ground duty selection.
Update: This procedure is updated as per latest notification released by Indian Air Force for AFCAT 02/2018.
AFCAT selection process 2018 for flying branch, technical branch and ground duty branch
AFCAT selection process 2018: AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test is a written exam conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year to induct officers in the IAF. AFCAT is a common entrance exam for various post in IAF.
Image Courtesy – google images
In this article we will discuss the AFCAT selection process thoroughly from the Medical/Physical Standards to the SSB (Services Selection Board) all phases.
So lets understand the AFCAT selection process.
AFCAT 2018 selection Process
Below is the AFCAT 1 selection process 2018 step wise. We have divided the entirely selection process of AFCAT in different steps (Total 4 steps).
STEP 1- AFCAT 2: Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP 1
- All the candidates who are eligible for AFCAT exam and submitted the application form successfully will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) which is being conducted twice in a year.
- Candidates who clear the written exams (AFCAT and EKT) successfully and get short listed for next round (SSB) will be called at Air Force Selection Boards (AFSCs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi for further testing.
- All the shortlisted candidates will receive call later to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, Mysore and Kancharapara.
STEP 2-SSB : Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP 2
SSB interview selection process at AFSC is basically being conducted in two stages, Stage 1 and stage 2:
- Stage 1: Day 1
- Stage 1 is generally called screening test.
- Stage 1 comprises of Officer Intelligence rating Test, Picture perception and Discussion Test.
- Once you cleared the Stage 1, You will go through the documents check to ascertain the eligibility for the branch, you applied for.
- Only the qualified candidates from stage 1 will go to the stage 2.
- And those who unfortunate to qualify the stage 1 needs to return home on the same day after the announcement of results.
|Also read on AFCAT exam|
|AFCAT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
- Stage 2: Day 2 to Day 6
- All the stage 1 qualified candidates will undergo stage 2 testing for the next three to four days.
- Day2 : CPSS / PABT * (for Flying Branch) followed by Psychological test will be conducted.
- Psychological Tests is a written test which is being conducted by a Psychologist.
- PABT-Pilot Aptitude Battery Test is a unique test which is being conducted for Flying Branch Only.
- Day 3, Day 4 and Day 5 will be packed with group test and interviews.
- Accroding to Indian Air Force official website, Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities which are a combination of mental and physical work.
- whereas Interview involves a personal conversation with an Interviewing Officer.
- All the test which is being conducted will be explained to you in detail before they are conducted at the Selection Board.
- Day 6: sixth day will include Group tests / Interview / Conference.
- At the Conference held on the last day, all the Assessors i.e. the Psychologist, Ground Testing Officer and the Interviewing Officer, discuss your personality and decide on whether to recommend you or not.
- Those recommended by the AFSBs will be required to fill up certain documents at the Boards and subsequently move to the next step.
STEP 3-MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS : Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP 3
- All those who have sailed through step 2 and get a recommendation by SSB will be kept for medical examination
- Medical Examination will be either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
STEP 4-ALL INDIA MERIT LIST: Final Selection process of AFCAT STEP 4
If you have made through all the early steps, We would say you are a genius and true hero no matter you make it finally or not.
- At final step An All India Merit List will be declared.
- This list is compiled on the basis of your performance in the written test and AFSB interview, subject to being medically fit.
- Also the merit list depends on the vacancies available in various branches / sub branches, joining instructions are issued to join one of the Training establishments.
That’s all folks, we have covered the AFCAT selection process 2018.
AFCAT 1 Notification and Exam Date 2018
- Date of Notification: June, 2018
- Start of receipt of applications: June, 2018
- Last date for the receipt of applications: TBD
- Date of Exam: last Sunday of August i.e. 26th August 2018.
- Expected date of result: Sept 2018
Still if you have something to ask regarding afcat selection process and other thing, please hit your comment in below box, we will respond as soon as possible with appropriate answer.a