AMCAT FAQs 2019 – Puzzling over questions regarding AMCAT? Do not worry we are here to answer all the questions meant for fresher candidates who want to enroll for AMCAT test. In addition check out details on AMCAT syllabus and sample papers.
Here you will get all queries answered on amcat exam regarding its syllabus, exam pattern, branch wise syllabus, how to register for amcat, how to get discount while applying for amcat, how to check amcat score and reports, facing any issue in login or resetting password, offer letter, admit card and online payment etc.
- 1 AMCAT FAQs 2019 – Questions with answers
- 1.1 What is AMCAT exam and who is the parent company of AMCAT?
- 1.2 What all subjects does the AMCAT cover?
- 1.3 What is the syllabus of AMCAT?
- 1.4 Where to find sample papers of AMCAT?
- 1.5 Do we have negative marking in AMCAT?
- 1.6 Is AMCAT an adaptive test?
- 1.7 What is the AMCAT ID?
- 1.8 What to do if I have lost my AMCAT ID?
- 1.9 Can I write the AMCAT from home?
- 1.10 If I give the AMCAT again, which score will be valid?
- 1.11 What is a good score in AMCAT?
- 1.12 Can I hide my scores from companies?
- 1.13 How does Aspiring Minds shortlist people for interviews?
- 1.14 My admit card has some wrong details. What should I do?
- 1.15 I was selected in an interview organized by Aspiring Minds. How do I get my offer letter?
- 1.16 If I have to take AMCAT again, do I have to pay again ?
AMCAT FAQs 2019 – Questions with answers
Checkout the following AMCAT Frequently Asked Questions.
What is AMCAT exam and who is the parent company of AMCAT?
AMCAT is the short form of Aspiring Minds’ Computer Adaptive Assessment. Aspiring minds has started AMCAT. It is one of the largest Employability Tests in India and more than 550 companies have recognized it. It provides employability feedback to candidates and helps them to connect more than 40,000 entry level jobs each year. Find below all the AMCAT FAQs.
What all subjects does the AMCAT cover?
AMCAT assessment evaluates on following three modules:
- Aptitude-It includes English, Quantitative Ability and Logical Ability
- AMPI- Aspiring Minds Personality Inventory modules which is compulsory
- Skill specific modules- This is additional and not mandatory. It includes Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Mechanical and Civil Engineering,Marketing,Accounts, Human resources, Financial Services, etc. The candidate has to choose the skill based on his education or interest.
What is the syllabus of AMCAT?
AMCAT syllabus includes the following-
English– For total 18 questions, module duration is 16 minutes.
Quantitative ability- In 18 minutes, 16 questions needs to be completed.
Logical ability– For 14 questions, 16 minutes is given.
AMPI- Here 90 questions has to be completed in 20 minutes.
It tests on five factor model of personality.
Find more details on AMCAT syllabus.
Where to find sample papers of AMCAT?
Before taking up AMCAT, you should practice sample papers.
Download AMCAT sample paper
You can also check for AMCAT papers.
Do we have negative marking in AMCAT?
There is no negative marking as such in AMCAT. But the candidate is expected to attempt and answer all the questions in each module.
Is AMCAT an adaptive test?
Yes AMCAT is an adaptive test. In adaptive test, the question gets tougher or easier based on the correctness of the previous question. If you answer a question correctly, the next question level will be high. If you answer wrongly, the next question becomes easy.
The final score depends on the level of questions attempted correctly.
What is the AMCAT ID?
What to do if I have lost my AMCAT ID?
In such case, you can send an AMCAT ID retrieval request. There you have to provide your name, email address and registered mobile number. Then your AMCAT ID will be emailed to you on the specified email address.
You can cal AMCAT help desk also for any support-011-49657800.
Can I write the AMCAT from home?
No. AMCAT can be taken only in colleges where Aspiring Minds is conducting the AMCAT. AMCAT can be taken in Aspiring Minds designated Centers as well.
If I give the AMCAT again, which score will be valid?
It depends on the recruiting company. Some go for the latest score, while some consider picking the best score.
What is a good score in AMCAT?
This question will be answered in AMCAT FAQs.There is no good score in AMCAT as such. Different companies have different ways of verifying scores. Some go for a good score in some section of the test, while other one may go for another score in a different section. Therefore, its always advisable to score the best to get the best opportunities.
Can I hide my scores from companies?
Yes, you are enabled to hide your profile from companies by clicking on “Hide my profile” in the profile section.
But it is recommended to not hide your scores. Because the corporate team and clients will not be able to shortlist your profile for any job.
Hence you should only hide your profile if you have already got a job.
How does Aspiring Minds shortlist people for interviews?
The recruiters or companies which accept AMCAT score, call for interviews. The selection is also based on other parameters like scores in specific section of the test, location etc. from the candidate profile.
My admit card has some wrong details. What should I do?
You can contact the AMCAT support for rectification. In case of time shortage, you can go to the event and request the AMCAT representative to correct it.
If you have already appeared for the exam, then also you can edit your profile in myAMCAT.
I was selected in an interview organized by Aspiring Minds. How do I get my offer letter?
Offer letters are sent to the candidate by either Aspiring Minds or the company that has recruited. If in case, you do not get your offer letter after 5 days of the interview, then contact AMCAT support.
If I have to take AMCAT again, do I have to pay again ?
Yes you will have to pay again when you extend your subscription or Schedule AMCAT again.
For further queries on AMCAT FAQs, please comment below we love answering questions.