Hey guys, so after sailing through the online test now you must be searching for cocubes interview questions so that you can pass the interview rounds also. Well, you don’t need to worry about anything now because you have come to the right place. Here at alpingi we believe in sharing the accurate and correct information so that it helps you well in your preparation. So following the same, we have listed some most asked technical and HR interview questions below in this post for your cocubes preparation. So follow this most till the end to get the maximum benefit from this post.
Cocubes Technical Interview Questions
Below we have shared some very important technical interview questions which will help you a lot in your prepration. So read them carefully to ease your prepration for technical interview round of cocubes.
Question 1. What is the role of data provider?
Answer. The .NET data provider layer resides between the application and the database. Its task is to take care of all their interactions.
The .NET Data provider can be demonstrated to be:
– SQL Server data provider
– OLEDB data provider
– ODBC Data Provider
ADO.NET supports the following OLE DB Providers:
– SQLOLEDB – Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server.
– MSDAORA – Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle.
– Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 – OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Jet.
Question 2. What is the difference between while and do-while loops in C?
Answer. While loop is executed only when given condition is true.
Whereas, do-while loop is executed for first time irrespective of the condition. After executing while loop for first time, then condition is checked.
Question 3. Explain how to filter and sort data with the DataView component.
Answer. One of the ways to sort and filter data is to use the ‘select’ method. However, our focus is on the DataView object.
A data view can provide a filtered and sorted view of the data in the table.
The advantages of using the DataView Component are:
– DataView can be configured at design time as well as run time.
– DataView can even be bound to the controls.
– The data can be viewed in the desired format using the DataView.
Question 4. What is the difference between single equal “=” and double equal “==” operators in C?
Answer. Single equal is an assignment operator used to assign the values to the variables.
But, double equal is relational operator used to compare two variable values whether they are equal are not.
Question 5. What is DataViewManager?
Answer. DataViewManager can be used to manage view settings of the tables in a DataSet.
– A DataViewManager is best suited for views that consist of a combination of multiple tables.
– The properties like ApplyDefaultSort, Sort, RowFilter, and RowStateFilter are referenced using
– A Dataset may contain multiple tables.
– The DataViewManager is a single object that manages all the DataViews.
– It can be used to view settings for all the tables in a DataSet.
– You could use it to bind multiple tables in a control such as a parent-child relationship.
– The DataViewManager has a collection of DataViewSetting objects, each for a table in the DataSet.
– Then you can even specify the default sort, filters, etc. in each of the DataViewSetting.
– It contains a default DataViewSettingCollection for each DataTable.
Question 6. What is the difference between pre-increment operator and post-increment operator?
Answer. The pre-increment operator is used to increment variable value by 1 before assigning the value to the variable.
The post-increment operator is used to increment variable value by 1 after assigning the value to the variable.
Question 7. Describe the basic schema of a .config file.
Answer. Configuration File Schema for the .NET Framework
Configuration Files are standard XML files.
The elements that implement configuration settings are:
<configuration> Element is the top-level element for all configuration files.
<assemblyBinding> Element specifies assembly binding policy at the configuration level.
<linkedConfiguration> Element specifies a configuration file to include.
The configuration schema is for the machine configuration file, application configuration files, and the security configuration file. The following schemas describe their element purposes:
Startup Settings Schema – specification of version of the CLR to be used.
Runtime Settings Schema – configuration of assembly binding and runtime behavior.
Network Settings Schema – specification of .NET connection to the Internet.
Cryptography Settings Schema – mapping friendly algorithm names to classes that implement cryptography algorithms.
Configuration Sections Schema – creation and use of configuration sections for custom settings.
Trace and Debug Settings Schema – specification of trace switches and listeners.
Compiler and Language Provider Settings Schema – specification of compiler configuration for available language providers.
Application Settings Schema – enabling Windows Forms or ASP.NET applications to store and retrieve application-scoped and user-scoped settings.
Question 8. What is the difference between a pre decrement operator and post decrement operator?
Answer. Pre decrement operator is used to decrement variable value by 1 before assigning the value to the variable.
Post decrement operator is used to decrement variable value by 1 after assigning the value to the variable.
Question 9. How to use performance monitor to diagnose bottlenecks in your application?
Answer. Monitor is a tool built to assist you in diagnosing the problem.
Type ‘perfmon’ in command prompt to access Performance Monitor
The counters, sampling intervals, etc can be used to monitor the performance.
A baseline should be established so that critical reference points, changes and trends can be observed and identified.
Results can be made more readable by removing all the distracting sample noise so that the graphical view of trend lines is not blurred. This can be done using buckets – a vertical line, indicating the minimum, average, and maximum of the sample points in the bucket.
It should be noted that the bottlenecks can be caused due to over utilization of physical disk, memory, process, CPU, and network.
Question 10. What is “&” and “*” operators in C?
Answer. “*” Operator is used as pointer to a variable. Example: * a where * is pointer to the variable a.
& operator is used to get the address of the variable. Example: &a will give address of a.
Question 11. Explain the different types of configuration files provided by .NET framework? – Machine configuration file, Application configuration file, Security configuration file.
Answer. The different types of configuration files provided by .NET framework are:
– enterprisesec.config which configures the enterprise-level security policies.
– security.config which configures machine-level security policies.
– machine.config which contains the installation settings.
– app.config or web.config which are used to modify the default settings of the machine.config file.
Question 12. What will happen if break statement is not used in switch case in C?
Answer. Switch case statements are used to execute only specific case statements based on the switch expression.
If we do not use break statement at the end of each case, program will execute all consecutive case statements until it finds next break statement or till the end of switch case block.
Question 13. What is AppSetting section in Web.Config file?
Answer. The <appSettings> element of a web.config file where connection strings, server names, file paths, and other miscellaneous settings are stored.
– The items inside appSettings need to be configurable depending upon the environment.
– Web.config file defines configuration for a web project.
– AppSetting section is used to set the user defined values. For example: The ConnectionString which is used throughout the project for database connection.
– AppSetting section in the configuration file is a section that allows us to keep configurable and application wide settings (for example: ConnectionString) that an application requires in order to perform the tasks properly.
– This helps in easy maintenance and deployment of the application.
Question 14. Why is default statement used in switch case in C?
Answer. Switch case statements are used to execute only specific case statements based on the switch expression. If switch expression does not match with any case, default statements are executed by the program.
Question 15. What is Dataset object?
The DataSet is an in-memory cache of data retrieved from a data source. It consists of a collection of DataTable objects. These DataTables can be related to each other with the help of DataRelation objects.
DataSet object can not directly interact with Database. A DataAdapter object needs to be created to refer to the connection that is created.
Question 16. What is the use of “goto” statement?
Answer. goto statement is used to transfer the normal flow of a program to the specified label in the program. Below is the syntax for goto statement in C.
Question 17. How to save data from dataset?
Answer. The modified data needs to be sent back to the database in order to save it. Therefore, to send the modified data to a database, the Update method of a TableAdapter or data adapter needs to be called. The Update method executes either of INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE depending on the RowState in the table.
In Visual Studio a TableAdapterManager component is used for saving the proper order based on the foreign-key constraints of the database.
Although the procedure to save the data may change depending upon the applications, the following steps throw light on the generalized concept:
– The code sends updates to the database should be written within a try/catch block.
– The data row should be located to determine the problem area and the code should then be reattempted.
Question 18. What is the value assigned to the following variables? int X1 = 13/3; int X2 = 13%3;
Answer. int X1 = 13/3;
int X2 = 13%3;
The value of X1 is 4
The value of X2 is 1
Question 19. Explain the difference between Dataset.clone() and Dataset.copy()?
– It duplicates the structure of a dataset, without duplicating the data.
– It only copies the structure but does not copies the data.
– It performs a deep copy of the dataset.
– It copies both data and structure.
Question 20. What is the difference between auto variable and register variable in C?
Answer. Storage class of all variables are auto by default unless we specify a variable is register or static or extern in C program.
Both auto variable and register variable are local variables. Register variables are stored in register memory. Whereas, auto variables are stored in main CPU memory.Register variables will be accessed very faster than the normal/auto variables since they are stored in register memory rather than main memory.
But, only limited variables can be used as register since register size is very low. (16 bits, 32 bits or 64 bits)
We have shared most important questions for cocubes interview above. If you still have any doubts then you can comment below. Here at alpigni we are always ready to help you.