COMEDK UGET 2019 Notification has been released along with the application form and syllabus of the exam. COMEDK which is also known as a Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental colleges is a state level exam of Karnataka for admission into B.E/ B.Tech and B.Arch. courses in its participating colleges.
The entrance test is accepted by 190 colleges in Karnataka offering around 20000 engineering and architecture seats. The examination will take place on May 12, 2019 (Sunday) across 300 centres.
To know more about the exam pattern COMEDK UGET 2019 and other related details, continue reading the article.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Official Dates
COMEDK UGET exam is conducted for the candidates aspiring admission in Karnataka in engineering and architecture courses. Important dates related to the exam are mentioned below:
- The online application form for the exam has been released by the concerned authorities on January 16, 2019.
- The last date for filling this application form is April 19, 2019.
- Application Form Correction window will be available from April 20 – 22, 2019.
- Admit card/Test Admission Ticket for COMEDK UGET 2019 will be made available on the official website from May 3, 2019.
- The main exam will be conducted on May 12, 2019.
- The provisional answer keys will be published on May 16, 2019, and candidates can submit an objection against answer keys till May 20.
- The final answer keys will be declared on May 24, 2019.
- COMEDK UGET 2019 scorecards will be made available to the candidates by May 27, 2019.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Pattern
It is very important to know the exam pattern to get an idea and right direction to prepare well. COMEDK UGET 2019 exam pattern is explained below:
- The mode of examination this year will be online, it will be attempted through the computer-based test.
- The duration for the exam is 180 minutes that is 3 hours and type of questions will be multiple choice questions/objective questions.
- The test has 3 sections-Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There will be a combined paper of Physics and chemistry for two hours and separate paper for Mathematics to be finished in one hour.
- 60 questions from each Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections will come.
- The overall paper is of 180 marks against 180 questions in the paper.
- There is no negative marking in this examination and each correct answer carries 1 mark.
Syllabus for COMEDK UGET 2019
The syllabus for this entrance exam includes some of the important topics from Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics of Class XII level. It is advisable for all the candidates to go through the important topics in these subjects before the main exam. There is a separate list for the syllabus of all the subjects which every student should cover.
The important topics in physics are
- Chemical and thermal effects of current and electricity,
- Heat and thermodynamics,
- Motions in one, two and three dimensions,
- Electromagnetic inductions,
- Kinetic energy
The important topics in Chemistry are
- Chemical kinetics and chemical reactions,
- Nuclear chemistry,
- Chemistry in action,
- Polymers, and
- The transition of metals.
The important topics in Mathematics are
- Circles and three-dimensional geometry
- Differential calculus and differential equations
- Vector algebra,
- Matrices and Determinants and
Beyond these topics, there are some important chapters in each of these topics that every candidate should prepare from. Candidates need to be thorough while preparing for all these topics. As the topics and questions will only be from class 12th, it is advisable to go through the textbook once. It is important to focus on concepts than anything else. All the topics that are listed as well as the chapters in these topics will have to be prepared nicely in order to get good marks. This will also help in securing the admission into colleges that accept COMEDK UGET.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Important Instructions
There are some important points that you should keep in mind while taking the exam.
- Candidates are required to be present two hours before the commencement of the exam for their registration.
- This will ensure that the candidates do not face any problem and their entire registration process can be smooth.
- The questions asked in this exam will be entirely based on the syllabus of 12th.
- There are no chances that the questions will be out of the syllabus however, there are chances that the questions asked might be twisted.
- The entire duration for COMEDK UGET exam is of 3 hours. In these 3 hours, 2 hours will be given for chemistry and physics together, while mathematics paper will have a separate 1 hour. Thus, you can devote an entire hour for solving the mathematics questions.
- There will be four options displayed for the candidate on their computer screen and they are required to pick 1 answer out of them.
- This exam is not limited only for students residing in Karnataka state. It is open for all the students from any part of the country.
- There is a provision of 15% of seats for students from another state while students from Karnataka state have 85% seats reserved.
- There is no provision for negative marking in this examination and a candidate can change their answers multiple during the exam.
- For purpose of practice, COMEDK UGET has made some mock tests available since February 5th. Aspirants can use this practice tests for knowing more about the exam and get comfortable with it.