The second edition of JEE Main 2019 is scheduled from April 6 to 20. Interested candidates can apply online at jeemain.nic.in till March 7, 2019. This is the first time that the exam will be conducted two times and the best scores will be considered for JEE main counselling.
The first session was conducted from January 8-20, 2019 under the supervision of NTA. Candidates can either appear for this exam or choose to take admission on the basis of their first session JEE Main Score. There are possibilities that most candidates who have already appeared in January session will reappear in JEE Main 2019 April Session Exam to improve their score. So continue reading the article to know about the exam and registration process.
How to Register for JEE Main 2019 (April session)?
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. https://jeemain.nic.in
Step 2: Click on ‘Online Application Process’ link
Step 3: Furnish all the required details (scanned copy of ID proof, DOB certificate, thumb impression etc.).
Step 4: Click on ‘Submit’ tab and make payment online.
Step 5: Once the registration process is completed, download it, and take a print out for further reference.
JEE Main 2019 April Session
The January session was successfully conducted across 258 cities in India. It was noted that more than 8.7 lakhs of students have applied for the same. The results were released in proper time and the schedule for JEE Main Counselling will be notified soon. However, in this period of time, NTA has already announced the April session schedule of JEE Main 2019. The organization has carefully announced all the important dates as well, however, there are a certain number of questions which are associated with this announcement. We will gradually cover those questions, once we notify you about the important dates for April session exam.
Important Dates for JEE Main 2019 April Session
As per the official schedule, the important dates for the April session are given below in details:
- Application forms will be released from February 8, 2019.
- Last date to apply for this session of JEE Main is March 7, 2019.
- March 18 will mark the availability of Admit cards of the examination.
- The dates of the final examination lie from April 6 to April 20.
- The Result, as well as the ranks of the examination, will be released on April 30.
Scope of Reappearing
The students who have appeared in JEE Main 2019 January session, they might or might not be interested to re-appear for the April session again. There might be a few candidates who would prefer to improve their performance. Now the question arises, is that possible in just a few months? The answer is yes, miracles can even happen in a few months only. Apart from this, there might be students who are waiting for their JEE Main Counselling, and they think that they can do better if they are given another opportunity.
A lot of people actually say that JEE Main Counselling is a tricky business. You need to know all the intricate details of it, otherwise, you could end up in a misunderstanding which is absolutely not desirable. So we will be providing you with some basic mantras which will actually assist you before taking any serious decision. These tips to remember are given below in details:
- The entry to JEE Advanced is provided by JEE Main only. This is why it is necessary to have a good score in JEE Main.
- A candidate can appear in any one or both of the sessions of JEE Main 2019.
- In case a candidate appears for both the examinations, the better of the two scores will be considered.
- The rank of JEE Main 2019 will directly depend on the score of NTA.
- If there is a tie of scores, then the candidate with a higher rank will be decided on factors such as a higher score in Mathematics, a higher score in Physics, a higher score in Chemistry, and age.
- The students with higher age are given more preference in case of a tie.
In that case, the same rank will be assigned to both the students. It is entirely a candidate’s decision whether he or she should apply for the examination or not if they are eager to apply then they must apply by March 7.