SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020-21
Staff selection commission organized the exam for CHSL. It also decides the exam pattern as well as the syllabus of the SSC CHSL exam. This exam is divided into three stages. The aspirants must have to clear all the stages to qualify for the exam. The three stages are known as tier-I, tier-II, and tier-III. The exam for each step is different from the other stage. Students must know the exam pattern of SSC CHSL exam. Here is the information related to the exam pattern that will clear your confusion.
|Tier I||Online exam/computer-based||English Language, General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude|
|Tier II||Descriptive Paper||Application writing/ Letter Writing, Essay Writing|
|Tier III||Skill test||Typing test|
Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL Tier I
The tier I of SSC CHSL is an online exam. The sections included in it are quantitative aptitude, English language, reasoning ability, general awareness. The below mention table shows the exam pattern of tier I:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks||Time limit|
|English language||25||50||1 hour|
|Reasoning ability||25||50||1 hour|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25||50||1 hour|
|General Awareness||25||50||1 hour|
- The time limit for PWD candidates is 80 minutes for the exam.
Marking scheme of Tier I
- The tier I has a total of 100 questions, and each question is of two marks.
- The score will be given to the candidates out of 200.
- There is also negative marking in the exam. ½ mark will deduct for the wrong answer.
Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL Tier II
The qualified students from the tier I will give the exam of SSC CHSL tier II. It is a pen paper-based exam. In this exam, the skill of candidate-related to English or Hindi writing will assess. This test includes essay writing and letter writing.
|Topic||Marks||Word Limit||Time limit|
|Letter writing/ application writing||100 marks||150-200||60 minutes|
|Essay writing||100 marks||200-250||60 minutes|
Marking scheme of Tier II
- 33% marks are required to clear the exam.
- Eighty minutes will be given to the PWD candidate or physically disables candidate.
Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL Tier III
Those candidates who cleared the tier II of SSC CHSL exam will provide the tier III. Further, who clear the tier III will be selected for government jobs. It is a skill test. The test includes the following point:
- The duration of the typing test is 15 minutes. The typing speed of the candidate should be 35 words per minute for English medium, and for the Hindi medium, it should be 30 words per minute.
- Thirty minutes will be given to the visually handicapped candidates.
- This test is basically for data entry operators, PA, Court Clerk and LDC.
In the end, the final score is prepared according to scores of Tier I and Tier II. The above information is mandatory for all the students who are seeking to give this exam.