SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2020-21
The organization name conducts the exam of stenographer as Staff Selection Commission. This test is organized annually for hiring the stenographers of Grade C and Grade D for the numerous government departments. SSC stenographer examination has a precise exam outline. In addition to it, the paper is set according to the instructions of the exam pattern. By the exam pattern, aspirants get the idea about which section contains higher marks or which include the least score. Due to it, they prepare as per the exam pattern.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern: Key Points
- The question paper of the SSC stenographer is divided into three sections. These sections include General Awareness, English as well as reasoning. Candidates have to attempt all the questions of the three sections.
- The exam of SSC stenographer is conducted in the two phases: First is written test and second is a skill test. The candidate who appeared the written test can give the skill test otherwise not.
- The candidate who appeared both of the tests hires as stenographer of Grade C and Grade D government posts.
- You will have two hours to attempt the paper of two hundred marks. Moreover, the paper consists of two hundred questions.
- If the candidate gives the wrong answer, then the 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Therefore attempt only those questions whose answer you know very well.
SSC Stenographer Exam 2020-21 Details
Aspirants who fill the examination form give the first phase of the examination that is computer-based. It is an online exam. In addition to it, the division of marks is based on the number of questions. It consists of three subjects General Intelligence, General Awareness, as well as English language & Comprehension. In addition to it, each candidate gets one mark for the correct answer.
|Name of the examination||SSC stenographer|
|Types of questions||Objective Type question|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes|
|Negative Marking||0.25 Marks|
The following table reveals the information about the marking scheme of the computer-based test.
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||100||100|
|General Reasoning & Intelligence||50||50|
SSC Stenographer Skill Test
It is the second phase of the exam. The applicant who succeeds the computer-based examination will give a ability test in stenography. The primary purpose of conducting this exam is to check the speed of the aspirants. In this exam, dictation is provided by the candidates either in Hindi or English. To qualify the exam candidate must have the speed of typing the dictation of ten minutes for the Grade C 100 words per minute. On the other hands for Grade D, the typing speed must be 80 words per minute.
The final result of the SSC stenographers is prepared based on numbers of both stages. In addition to it, selection procedures also proceed as per the marks.