TCS Ninja is a National Qualifier Test conducted by TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) for recruiting candidates from over a very wide variety of areas. According to some key sources, usually approx. 10000 candidates get selected through this program, for which around 300000 applications is received by TCS. Just like any other exam, a candidate must have complete knowledge about the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam to get a better understanding about it.
Knowing about the syllabus and exam pattern helps one in identifying about, what can become one’s strength or weakness according to their respective skills. So to help you all guys out there thinking about it, here I will be discussing syllabus and exam pattern in detail and then I will provide you some important questions according to previous year papers. Before I start further let me make one point very clear to guys for your betterment.
TCS Ninja Syllabus 2023
TCS Ninja consists following syllabus:
- Quantities Aptitude :- Averages, Mixtures, Allegations, Percentages, Permutations, Combinations, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Ration and Proportion, Probability, Time speed and distance, Time and work, Functions, Geometry, General number system and HCF-LCM, Reasoning, Blood relations.
- English: – fill in the blanks and email writing question also comes sometimes. In this you have to write an official email with the phrases given in question. It should be at least 50 words and make sure you don’t do any grammatical and punctuation errors. Apart from these you will be having questions from synonyms and antonyms or sentence completion, phrase replacement, para-jumble.
- Coding :- C, C++, Java, Python, Perl
- Programming: – In this questions will be on the basis on CS-IT domain theory questions so again here also keep a command on your languages.
TCS Major Recruitment Exams:
|TCS NextStep Recruitment|
|TCS Ignite 2023 Apply Here|
|TCS National Qualifier Test (Ninja)|
|AMCAT (A to Z Details)|
Exam Pattern of TCS Ninja
The exam pattern for TCS Ninja basically divided into two parts:
- Written Test (90 Minutes)
- Technical Interview (20-35 Minutes)
Now let’s talk about each of them one by one in detail;
1. Written Test
It is actually composed of 4 different subjects which are as follows:
- English section (10 Questions in 10 Min)
This sections contains fill in the blanks type questions (FIB). There is negative marking for wrong answers. In this sections you will be given a passage with blanks in it. You will have to fill those blanks by choosing words from the drop down box associated with each blank, and solve the complete question in this way.
- Quantitative Aptitude (20 Questions in 40 Min)
In this section there will be 2 parts. In 1st part there will be 15 Questions which is called as Standard and in 2nd part it will contain 5 Questions which is called as Advance.
This section is divided in two types of questions, one is MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) and another is FUB (Fill up the blanks). Let me be very clear there will be negative marking in MCQ Questions but there will be no negative marking in FUB Questions.
- Programing Questions (10 Question in 20 Min)
This section is divided into two parts, in 1st part is called as standard in which you will get 7 questions and in 2nd part you will get 3 questions which will be considered as advance.
Just like quants in this section also you will get two types of questions. One is MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) in which there will be negative marking and another one is FUB (Fill up the blanks) for which there will be no negative marking.
- Coding (1 Question in 20 Min)
Now in this section, there will be no command line programming. In this 1 question is to be solved by the candidate in any of the five programming languages offered by TCS. These 5 languages are C, C++, JAVA, Perl and Python.
A student can write in any one of the above 5 languages.
- Let me be very clear that this coding section is very important because eligibility to participate in the test for TCS digital hiring post, candidate’s performance in the coding section is very essential and it will also depend upon the advance questions of quantitative and programming.
- Qualification for the interview round will depend upon the marks of individual subjects as well as marks obtained in standard and advance questions.
2. Interview Round
In this round first and foremost you need keep a hold on your communication skills and keep your resume updated with only those programming languages about which you have a good knowledge because there will be direct questions from that language to check your knowledge.
Apart from these there will be questions from your final year projects. These are some important areas to keep in mind. Rest all depends upon your communication skills.
TCS Ninja Questions Based on Previous Year Test
Actually from our past analysis, we found that TCS usually repeats the type of questions from its previous year question paper so, it becomes very necessary to study previous year questions also to make your prepration full-proof and book your success.
Quants: all these questions are being asked many times.
1. Advanced: In how many ways can we give change for Rs. 100 using 1 rupee and 2 rupee coins? For example for 5 rs we can give three ways (1,1,1,1) (1,1,1,2) )(,1,2,2).
2. We are driving along a highway at a constant speed of 55 miles per hour (mph). You observe a car one half mile behind you. The car is moving fast and zooms past you exactly one minute later. How fast is this car traveling (mph) if its speed is constant?
3. The average marks of 3 students A, B and C is 60. When another student D joins the group, the new average becomes 56 marks. If another student E, who has 3 marks more than D, joins the group, the average of the 4 students B, C, D and E becomes 55 marks. How many marks did a get in the exam?
4. Curious Elva asked her father what he would gift for her nineteenth birthday. Father replied that it would depend on the day of the week and be one of SUNglasses, MONeybag, …, FRIedcake, and SATchel. Please help Elva find the day of the week on 08-Jan-2029
5. Star question:
If f(1)=4 and f(x+y)=f(x)+f(y)+7xy+4,then f(2)+f(5)=?
- Chatbots are now part of A)_______ cultural narrative and are B)_______ even more sophisticated. It is hard to find C)_______ who has not had an interaction with a chatbot or virtual assistant. As chatbots and virtual assistants D)_______ more sophisticated, they E)______ to respond with increasing empathy and personalisation, F)________ tracking the customer G)_________ . Whether voice or text activated, bots H)_______ able to help users and I)________ and answers 24 X 7, on any device or channel faster than ever J)________ . In fact, more and more people are rating messaging as a top choice for customer service.
- Technology has A)_____ our lives and influenced nearly B)_______ industry, including fitness. From apps to wearables, technology is constantly C)_________ the way D)________ fitness industry, functions. Mobile technology, fitness wearables and data, and smart equipment E)_______ shaping the way health clubs F)__________ equipment manufacturers operate today. Engaging members via mobile with digital fitness challenges, reward programs, push notifications and wearable integration not only G)_______ fitness operators to H)________ existing relationships with clients I)________ also build J)_________ them.
- Anti money laundering A)______ to a B)_______ of procedures, loss and regulations and design to C)_______ , the D)________ of generating income E)________ illegal F)______ .G)__________ sample covers H)_______ limited I)________ of transaction and criminal behaviours J)_______ are far reaching.
- Rainforests 1) ____ a wide variety of ecosystems services, from regulating rainfall to purifying groundwater and keeping fertile soil from 2) ______; deforestation in one area can seriously damage food production and 3) _______ to clean water in an entire region. The value of global ecosystem services 4) _______ estimated at 33 trillion USD each year (almost half of global GDP), 5)______ these services have been taken for granted without a mechanism to make the market reflect their value. Rainforests are also a home and 6) _______ of income for a huge number of people in Africa, Asia and South America. 7) ______ this, economic pressures frequently drive both logical communities 8) _______ national governments in the developing world to 9) _______ these forests in ways that are unsustainable, clear-cutting vast areas 10) ______ fuel, timber, mining or agricultural land.
- Find the nth term of the series. 1,1,2,3,4,9,8,27,16,81,32,243,….
- Consider the following series: 1,1,2,3,4,9,8,27,16,81,32,243,64,729,128,2187…
This series is a mixture of 2 series – all the odd terms in this series form a geometric series and all the even terms form yet another geometric series. Write a program to find the Nth term in the series.
The value N in a positive integer that should be read from STDIN. The Nth term that is calculated by the program should be written to STDOUT. Other than value of n th term,no other character / string or message should be written to STDOUT. For example, if N=16, the 16th term in the series is 2187, so only value 2187 should be printed to STDOUT.
You can assume that N will not exceed 30.
- Consider the below series :
This series is a mixture of 2 series all the odd terms in this series form even numbers in ascending order and every even terms is derived from the previous term using the formula (x/2)
Write a program to find the nth term in this series.
The value n in a positive integer that should be read from STDIN the nth term that is calculated by the program should be written to STDOUT. Other than the value of the nth term no other characters /strings or message should be written to STDOUT.
For example if n=10, the 10th term in the series is to be derived from the 9th term in the series. The 9th term is 8 so the 10th term is (8/2) =4. Only the value 4 should be printed to STDOUT.
You can assume that the n will not exceed 20,000.
- The program will receive 3 English words inputs from STDIN
These three words will be read one at a time, in three separate line
The first word should be changed like all vowels should be replaced by $
The second word should be changed like all consonants should be replaced by #
The third word should be changed like all char should be converted to upper case
Then concatenate the three words and print them
Other than these concatenated word, no other characters/string should or message should be written to STDOUT
For example if you print how are you then output should be h$wa#eYOU.
You can assume that input of each word will not exceed more than 5 chars
Write Code for this
This was all from my side guys. I believe I have given enough and detailed information for this recruitment drive. Thank you guys for reading and wish good luck for your future.
400+ Companies Off Campus Drives Available – Apply Here for AMCAT